Are all pandemics caused by infectious diseases?

Pandemics are not just caused by infectious organisms or diseases. In this video, Dr. Oz show guest Dr. Allison Aiello reveals what else can cause a pandemic outbreak.

Continue Learning about Infectious Disease

Ask Oz and Roizen: Cleaning Pacifiers and a More Effective Shingles Vaccine
Q: My one-year-old daughter occasionally drops her pacifier on the ground. I just clean it off in my mouth and hand it back to her. My mom says that’s...
Which diseases do people need to be quarantined or put in isolation for?
The list of diseases for which quarantine or isolation is authorized is specified in an Executive Or...
How can I make sure infections don't cause lingering, chronic problems?
While most of us want to treat infections because of their acute symptoms, we also can't ignore that...
Why Focus on Therapy Rather Than Prevention for Infectious Diseases?