How can honey treat allergy symptoms in children?

Eating local honey -- the unpasteurized kind -- may help decrease the symptoms of seasonal allergies related to local plants. Like allergy shots, this low-level exposure to local allergens can stimulate the immune system to produce antibodies. Note: Never feed a child under one year of age honey because it may contain botulism spores, which produce toxins that cause a potentially lethal reaction.
YOU: Raising Your Child: The Owner's Manual from First Breath to First Grade

There’s little doubt that parenting can be one of the most rewarding and satisfying experiences you’ll ever have. But it can be plenty tough, too: Around the clock, you’re working to keep your...

Continue Learning about Allergies in Children

Early Exposure to Pets Can Help Prevent Allergies
In case you didn’t notice this past football season—Cleveland Browns fans sure did—the Dawg Pound on Lake Erie is back! After finally getting rid of a...
How can stuffed animals affect my child's allergies?
Phillip J. Landrigan, MDPhillip J. Landrigan, MD
In addition to invading your pillows and blankets, dust mites also make their home within the fur of...
How are seasonal allergies treated in kids?
Seasonal allergies can be treated in a number of ways to relieve symptoms. Saline nasal sprays can h...
How do I know if my child is having an allergic reaction to a medication?
A true allergic reaction to a medication usually involves hives, wheezing, or difficulty swallowing ...