Multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS) may activate your children's plain old allergies in the event you renovate your home, or if your child's school is going to be renovated.
I therefore advise that:
- Children be isolated from renovation activity, especially during the demolition phase of construction.
- When the old materials are stripped out, the exposed areas be inspected for water damage, and that all areas be thoroughly swept for vermin residue, dust, and so forth.
- Your architect incorporate the requisite specifications for healthy air exchange.
- Any central heating and cooling system be easy to maintain and clean, to discourage buildup of viruses and toxic bacteria.
- If your child's school is planning an overhaul, consult with school officials to ensure that the children's health is provided for.