If you receive three or more shocks from your implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) in a short period of time or you do not feel well, call 9-1-1 and be prepared to go to the hospital. Your electrophysiologist then should be notified once you are in the emergency room.
- Q What are alternatives to an implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)?
- Q What lifestyle changes will I need to make after getting an ICD?
- Q What should I discuss with my doctor before I get an ICD?
- Q How long does it take to recover from an ICD placement?
- Q Is drinking alcohol safe with an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator?
- Q Can I use a cell phone or microwave with an ICD?