Can adults get impetigo?

Impetigo most commonly afflicts infants and small children. However, adults can develop this skin condition, too. Impetigo is a form of infection that produces sores, usually around the nose and mouth. The sores can develop into blisters that burst and ooze fluid, which forms crusts on the skin. Sometimes impetigo strikes out of the blue, though it often occurs as a result of a skin injury, such as a cut or scrape.

Continue Learning about Impetigo

Is impetigo contagious?
Impetigo is highly contagious. Impetigo can spread rapidly throughout the body after it first ap...
Should I talk to my doctor about my impetigo symptoms?
Yes, talk to a doctor if you have symptoms of impetigo, such as sores, blisters, and crusts. It will...
How do I manage my impetigo on a daily basis?
Managing your impetigo is made easy by keeping clean and following your doctor's orders. Impetigo is...
What is impetigo?
Impetigo is a skin infection that commonly affects young children. Staphylococcus and streptococcus ...