Does radiation poisoning cause birth defects?

The high dose of radiation exposure that causes radiation poisoning can lead to birth defects. There are two time periods during which radiation has the potential to cause birth defects: (1) if an unborn child is exposed while in the womb or (2) if the reproductive organs are exposed prior to the creation of a child.

Continue Learning about Impact Of Radiation Poisoning On The Body

How does radiation poisoning affect the body?
Radiation poisoning is caused by exposure to massive amounts of ionizing radiation over a brief peri...
Does radiation poisoning cause cancer?
Radiation poisoning is caused by exposure to massive amounts of high-energy, ionizing radiation. The...
How radiation poisoning affect my skin?
The cutaneous syndrome is a term used to describe the effects of radiation poisoning on the skin. In...
How does radiation poisoning affect my mental health?
There are a number of ways in which radiation poisoning can lead to psychological stress. Concern ab...