How does radiation poisoning affect my brain?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

The cerebrovascular syndrome is a term used to describe the effects of radiation poisoning on the brain. This syndrome is caused by very high doses of radiation and occurs within minutes of exposure. Symptoms include burning sensations of the skin, confusion, tremors, seizures, and coma. Death results within hours to days.

Continue Learning about Impact Of Radiation Poisoning On The Body

How does radiation poisoning affect my thyroid?
The thyroid gland is responsible for making hormones that control the body's metabolism. The thyroid...
How does radiation poisoning affect my stomach and intestines?
The gastrointestinal syndrome is a term used to describe the effects of radiation poisoning on the s...
How does radiation poisoning affect my mental health?
There are a number of ways in which radiation poisoning can lead to psychological stress. Concern ab...
What is the effect of radiation on my health?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Low-level radiation from normally functioning nuclear power plants, weapons facilities, and testing ...