Will losing weight improve my health?

Losing as little as 5 to 10% of your body weight and maintaining that loss can significantly improve your health by increasing glucose tolerance and lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Thus, if you're overweight or obese, you may need to seek medical help to lose weight as well as to maintain it.

Experts recommend losing no more than one to two pounds per week. Maintaining weight loss can be more difficult than losing the weight to begin with, so long-term lifestyle change is key.

Continue Learning about Impact Of Losing Weight

Lose Weight for Better Sexual Health
Lose Weight for Better Sexual Health
It’s easy to get discouraged about losing weight. But we’ve got a great incentive for you -- a better sex life! A recent study found that two years af...
How can I save money by losing weight?
Even if you only reduce the dosage you currently need for high blood pressure or diabetes, you’ll st...
What are the risks of losing weight too quickly?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Losing weight too quickly can affect the body in many ways. You could experience side effects such a...
How Does My Body Repair Itself After Weight Loss?