What does smoking do to my sense of taste?

Smoking stains teeth and increases the risk of periodontal disease, which leads to bad breath and may produce a bad taste.
Smoking can affect your taste. You may not be able to enjoy the things you normally do after a prolonged smoking history.
If you smoke, you are missing out on a lot of flavor when you sit down to eat. Smoking makes the taste buds on your tongue less sensitive. Studies have shown that smokers lose at least some of their ability to detect sweetness, saltiness, sourness and bitterness. I haven't seen any research on whether smoking affects umami, or savoriness, which is often called the fifth taste. But I strongly suspect that smoking diminishes that taste too.

To make matters worse, smoking also interferes with your sense of smell. Since aroma plays a critical role in how you experience food, smoking is a double whammy when it comes to enjoying a fine meal.
It dulls it making everything taste the same because its effect on your taste buds is to make them non functional

Continue Learning about Impact Of Nicotine Addiction On The Body

What are the health risks of smoking cigars?
International Bipolar FoundationInternational Bipolar Foundation
Cigar smokers increase their health risks, whether or not they inhale. They directly expose their li...
How does smoking make existing health risks worse?
Unfortunately, when you smoke, the dangers posed by smoking interact with other potential health...
Does Smoking Affect Women's Hearts the Same As Men's?
How Does Smoking Affect My Risk of Developing Cancer?