What are the disease rates for cigarette smokers?

Here's a sobering fact from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): For every person who dies from smoking, 20 more people are living with a least one serious tobacco-related illness. There are 443,000 deaths from smoking ever year.

People who smoke are 13 times more likely to die from chronic and obstructive lung diseases (COPD). Smoking is responsible for 80% of deaths from COPD. Chronic bronchitis was the most common condition (49%), followed by emphysema (24%).

The risk for lung cancer is 23 times higher in men and 13 times higher in women who smoke than those who don't. Smoking also increases the risk for cancer of blood, bladder, cervix, esophagus, kidneys, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, stomach and uterus.

People who smoke also have a higher risk for heart disease. And we see this in people who smoke different amounts, including folks who smoke fewer than five cigarettes a day. Smoking triples a middle-aged person's risk of dying from heart disease. When compared to nonsmokers, smokers have a 2-4 times higher risk of heart disease and stroke. Smoking contributes to the risk of congestive heart failure, sudden cardiac death, abdominal aortic aneurysm, and peripheral artery disease (PAD).

Smoking also increases the risk of infertility, pregnancy problems, low birth-weight and sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). People who smoke are also at higher risk for heartburn, peptic ulcers and gum disease (periodontitis).
Smokers are more likely to get cancer than nonsmokers, with 90 percent of lung cancer cases being due to smoking. Other cancers that are more common in smokers are bladder, esophagus, kidney, pancreas, and cervical cancer. Smoking is also responsible for 80 percent of the cases of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). 
Robert S. Kaufmann, MD

I don't know if that is really possible to answer but cigarette smokers definitely without question have higher rates of multiple medical problems.

Cigarette smokers die 8 to 13 years earlier than nonsmokers, and have 12 to 18 years more disability from cancers, emphysema and chronic lung disease, infections, arterial disease resulting in cutting off of extremities, and many other things including lack of sexual satisfaction and impotence, and decay in orgasm quality in both men and women.

Continue Learning about Impact Of Nicotine Addiction On The Body

Can smoking increase my risk of hearing loss?
Kelly TraverKelly Traver
In one study cigarette smokers were 70 percent more likely to lose their hearing than nonsmokers. Yo...
Will my sense of smell go back to normal once I stop smoking?
Tara Finch , NASM Elite TrainerTara Finch , NASM Elite Trainer
As long as there aren't any underlying conditions, your sense of smell will return to normal, as wel...
How Does Smoking Affect Women's Risk of Heart Disease?
How Does Smoking Affect My Risk of Developing Cancer?