Impact Of Nicotine Addiction On The Body

Can smoking make my diabetes worse?

• A , Internal Medicine, answered
    Smoking may increase the chance that a person develops type two diabetes. Those who smoke have a 44 % increased chance of developing diabetes. Those who smoke more than 20 cigarettes a day have a 61% increased risk of developing diabetes.

If you have diabetes already, then smoking can increase the chance that you develop the many complications of diabetes including eye disease, vascular disease, stroke, heart disease, and impotence. That is why it is so important that if you have diabetes, you quit smoking and if you do not want to develop diabetes, you never start smoking.

Can I reverse the aging process caused by smoking?