Does smoking increase my risk for blindness and other problems?

Yes. Smoking causes an increased risk of macular degeneration, one of the most common causes of blindness in older people. It also causes premature wrinkling of the skin, bad breath, gum and tooth problems, bad-smelling clothes and hair, and yellow fingernails.

Continue Learning about Impact Of Nicotine Addiction On The Body

Will my sense of taste go back to normal once I stop smoking?
Yes. Shortly after stopping smoking your body will improve its circulation and thus repair some of t...
What health problems are caused by smoking?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Smoking substantially increases the risk of illness and death from lung cancer, heart disease, strok...
Can I Reverse the Aging Process Caused by Smoking?
Skin Cancer and Smokers
Skin Cancer and Smokers