Does nicotine addiction cause heart disease?

Nicotine addiction, which is usually caused by smoking cigarettes, is directly related to the development of heart disease. Smoking, and the nicotine addiction that keeps you smoking, increases your risk of heart disease. The more you smoke, the higher your risk of dying from cardiovascular disease. If you quit smoking, breaking the nicotine addiction, your chance of experiencing a heart attack is cut in half within a year.

Continue Learning about Impact Of Nicotine Addiction On The Body

How does smoking affect pregnant women and their babies?
Riverside Emergency and Trauma CenterRiverside Emergency and Trauma Center
Smoking cigarettes is very harmful to your health and could also affect the health of your baby. Not...
How does smoking affect a woman’s skin health?
Anti-wrinkle creams are a huge industry. They can charge up to $400 for a jar one-fifth the size of ...
How Does Smoking Affect Women's Risk of Heart Disease?
How Does Smoking Affect My Asthma?
How Does Smoking Affect My Asthma?