How does meditation facilitate transformation?

William Stillman
Health Education

Meditation, prayer, and contemplation are all states of solitude in which one can reconnect with the source of our creation by communing with that source through our “inner self.” Think about those individuals who spend expansive amounts of time in meditative practice: the nun, the monk, the rabbi, the yogi, the guru, and so on. We revere them for their enlightenment and spiritual elevation yet they did not start out their lives this way. They made a conscious decision to pursue their respective paths, a key component of which is rediscovering and reclaiming one’s connection to the divine through meditation. It is evident in most such persons that a transformation has occurred that brings great insight and wisdom. You may also experience comparable transformations if you practice setting aside meditation time daily, even if only for a few minutes at a time to start.

Continue Learning about Impact Of Meditation On The Body

How can I use meditation to help reduce stress and headaches?
Dr. Maoshing Ni, PhD, LAcDr. Maoshing Ni, PhD, LAc
It turns out that the human brain is genetically programmed to translate physical and emotional stre...
How can meditation help me feel more peaceful?
Shelley WebbShelley Webb
Most people are seeking happiness and peace of mind in one way or another. It may be through a spiri...
How Does Meditation Work?
How Does Meditation Work?
How Can Meditation Help Me Relax?
How Can Meditation Help Me Relax?