What does increased bone marrow signal mean in my spine?

Nomaan Ashraf, MD
Orthopedic Surgery

Changes in bone marrow signal can represent a spectrum of problems, some that are very harmless and normal and some that are more insidious and dangerous. Bone marrow changes may accompany fractures and may also be a sign of infection or cancer in the bone. Bone marrow changes also occur naturally as the amount of bone marrow changes with age. It is critical to carefully assess bone marrow changes and correlate them to the patient’s clinical picture.

Continue Learning about Immune System

Kick Immunity into High Gear with a Kicky Song
Ever catch yourself humming that old Broadway tune "Everything's Coming Up Roses"? Maybe you should give it a try sometime. Your immune system may tha...
How is lymphedema treated?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Getting rid of the excess liquid from lymphedema is important, as complications can develop when the...
What healthy habits can help strengthen my immune system?
Practicing these good health habits will help keep your immune system strong throughout the year: ...
Is It Safe to Exercise When You're Sick?