How can natural killer (NK) cells reduce my risk of illness?

Natural killer (NK) cells are designed to find your cells that are no longer working effectively and "put them to sleep." This ranges from cells that have been infected with viruses to full-blown cancer. Lots of NK activity is perceived to be a good thing that reduces the chance of acute as well as chronic illness.

Continue Learning about Immune System

Hand-Wash Dishes For Your Immune System
Hand-Wash Dishes For Your Immune System
Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto -- a superstar on Iron Chef America -- once said, “Japanese chefs believe our soul goes into our knives once we start usin...
What is the role of lymph in my body?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
Lymph helps to destroy potentially dangerous bacteria and cancer cells and filter waste and toxins. ...
What healthy habits can help strengthen my immune system?
Practicing these good health habits will help keep your immune system strong throughout the year: ...
What Are the Benefits of Taking a Digestive Enzyme Supplement?