What are auto-immune diseases?

Jacob Teitelbaum
Integrative Medicine
Our body's immune/defense system is trained to tell what is not a part of our body and to attack it. Unfortunately, with over 80,000 chemicals now being added to the environment without any significant safety testing, our body's defense systems are being overwhelmed and confused. When this happens, it can mistake a part of our body for an outside invader and attack it. This is what autoimmune illness is.

Continue Learning about Immune & Lymphatic System Disorders

What are paraneoplastic syndromes?
Riverside Center for NeurosciencesRiverside Center for Neurosciences
Paraneoplastic syndromes are a group of rare disorders that are triggered by an abnormal immune syst...
Should I consider a thymectomy for my myasthenia gravis?
The thymus gland is believed to play a key role in the development of myasthenia gravis. Surgically ...
What is an episodic course of symptoms for PANDAS?
Children with PANDAS seem to have dramatic ups and downs in their OCD and/or tic severity. Tics or O...
What Is Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric OCD?