Should I talk to my doctor about symptoms of granulomatosis with polyangiitis?

If you have a runny nose that won't clear up, a chronic sinus infection that is not responding to over-the-counter remedies, or other severe nose or throat symptoms, you should definitely see your doctor. Granulomatosis with polyangiitis (GPA), formerly known as Wegener's granulomatosis, may be difficult to diagnose because symptoms match other diseases, but your primary care doctor can direct you to an appropriate specialist. Early diagnosis and treatment is critical with GPA. Allowed to progress, GPA can cause irreparable damage to your internal organs.

Continue Learning about Immune & Lymphatic System Disorders

Is there a test for PANDAS?
Lynne KenneyLynne Kenney
The diagnosis of PANDAS is a clinical diagnosis, which means that there are no lab tests that ca...
What is an autoantibody?
An autoantibody is an antibody made against substances formed by a person's own body. Autoantibodies...
What are auto-immune diseases?
Jacob TeitelbaumJacob Teitelbaum
Our body's immune/defense system is trained to tell what is not a part of our body and to attack i...
What Is Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric OCD?