Although the exact cause or causes of sarcoidosis have not yet been determined, it is not contagious. It is currently believed that sarcoidosis is most likely caused by a pre-existing disorder of the immune system. You cannot catch sarcoidosis from someone who has it.
- Q What increases my risk of developing sarcoidosis?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with sarcoidosis?
- Q What environmental factors increase a person's risk of sarcoidosis?
- Q How common is sarcoidosis?
- Q Can sarcoidosis be fatal?
- Q Could numbness in hands be from sarcoidosis?