Although the exact cause or causes of sarcoidosis have not yet been determined, it is not contagious. It is currently believed that sarcoidosis is most likely caused by a pre-existing disorder of the immune system. You cannot catch sarcoidosis from someone who has it.
- Q How common is sarcoidosis?
- Q What increases my risk of developing sarcoidosis?
- Q What causes sarcoidosis?
- Q Could numbness in hands be from sarcoidosis?
- Q Will I pass sarcoidosis on to my children?
- Q Does sarcoidosis affect children differently than adults?