Sjogren's syndrome causes the immune system to attack the glands in the body that produce fluids. Therefore, the primary body parts that are affected are the eyes and mouth, along with other parts of the body that need to stay hydrated, like the skin or vagina. Sjogren's syndrome also sometimes causes pain or swelling in the joints.
- Q If my child has PANDAS, should he have his tonsils removed?
- Q Are there side effects related to IVIG therapy?
- Q How is giant cell arteritis giant cell arteritis treated?
- Q What are paraneoplastic syndromes?
- Q What is antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity?
- Q What is Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome (LEMS)?