Sjogren's syndrome causes the immune system to attack the glands in the body that produce fluids. Therefore, the primary body parts that are affected are the eyes and mouth, along with other parts of the body that need to stay hydrated, like the skin or vagina. Sjogren's syndrome also sometimes causes pain or swelling in the joints.
- Q How is Churg-Strauss syndrome treated?
- Q What are the most common symptoms of autoimmune diseases?
- Q What are the causes of immune system depression?
- Q What is an autoantibody?
- Q What autoimmune diseases can cause hearing loss?
- Q What are the diagnostic criteria for PANDAS?