Sjogren's syndrome causes the immune system to attack the glands in the body that produce fluids. Therefore, the primary body parts that are affected are the eyes and mouth, along with other parts of the body that need to stay hydrated, like the skin or vagina. Sjogren's syndrome also sometimes causes pain or swelling in the joints.
- Q What is microscopic polyangiitis?
- Q Are A-T carriers more sensitive to X-rays from mammograms?
- Q What is an episodic course of symptoms for PANDAS?
- Q Is there any treatment for Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome (LEMS)?
- Q Is there any treatment for paraneoplastic syndromes?
- Q What are auto-immune diseases?