Sjogren's syndrome causes the immune system to attack the glands in the body that produce fluids. Therefore, the primary body parts that are affected are the eyes and mouth, along with other parts of the body that need to stay hydrated, like the skin or vagina. Sjogren's syndrome also sometimes causes pain or swelling in the joints.
- Q What are the causes of immune system depression?
- Q What is the prognosis for neurological sequelae of lupus?
- Q What is PANDAS?
- Q What is Lofgren's syndrome?
- Q Are there non-OCD, non-tic symptoms associated with PANDAS episodes?
- Q Are granulomas cancerous?