Does granulomatosis with polyangiitis run in families?

The cause of granulomatosis with polyangiitis (GPA), formerly known as Wegener's granulomatosis, is currently unknown. However, it does not appear to run in families. For instance, there have been cases in which one identical twin has the condition and the other does not. Speak with your doctor if you are concerned about the impact a GPA diagnosis may have on your family.

Continue Learning about Immune & Lymphatic System Disorders

What is mesenteric lymphadenitis?
Mesenteric lymphadenitis is an inflammation of lymph nodes. These lymph nodes, which are clusters of...
If my child has PANDAS, should he have his tonsils removed?
Lynne KenneyLynne Kenney
The National Institute of Health does not recommend tonsillectomies for children with PANDAS, as...
What kinds of doctors will I need to treat my autoimmune disease?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
Juggling your health care needs among different doctors and other types of health care providers can...
What Is Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric OCD?