Can sinusitis cause granulomatosis with polyangiitis?

The cause of granulomatosis with polyangiitis (GPA), formerly known as Wegener's granulomatosis, is currently unknown. Chronic sinusitis, or sinus infection, is one of the early symptoms of GPA, but it does not cause the disease. If you are experiencing chronic sinusitis with no relief, see your doctor.

Continue Learning about Immune & Lymphatic System Disorders

If I've had strep throat and have tics and OCD, do I have PANDAS?
No. Many children have OCD and/or tics, and almost all school aged children get strep throat at some...
What is immune system depression?
Dr. Michael T. Murray, NDDr. Michael T. Murray, ND
The health of the immune system is greatly impacted by emotional state, level of stress, lifestyle, ...
What is sentinel lymphadenectomy?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Sentinel lymphadenectomy is a technique that involves identification and removal of a single key lym...
What Is Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric OCD?