Can sinusitis cause granulomatosis with polyangiitis?

The cause of granulomatosis with polyangiitis (GPA), formerly known as Wegener's granulomatosis, is currently unknown. Chronic sinusitis, or sinus infection, is one of the early symptoms of GPA, but it does not cause the disease. If you are experiencing chronic sinusitis with no relief, see your doctor.

Continue Learning about Immune & Lymphatic System Disorders

Are there alternative treatments for granulomatosis with polyangiitis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Clinical trials are underway to test new medications for the treatment of granulomatosis with polyan...
What is Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome (LEMS)?
Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome (LEMS) is a disorder of the neuromuscular junction?the site where ...
How can I manage my life now that I have an autoimmune disease?
Riverside Women's HealthRiverside Women's Health
Although there is no cure for autoimmune diseases, you can treat your symptoms and learn to manage y...
What Is Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric OCD?