If sarcoidosis causes certain organs and systems to fail, the results can be fatal. These complications are usually associated with the heart, lungs, kidneys, and nervous system. The mortality rate in people diagnosed with sarcoidosis is somewhere between five and eight percent.
- Q Could numbness in hands be from sarcoidosis?
- Q Can penicillin be used to treat PANDAS?
- Q What is immune system depression?
- Q Are granulomas cancerous?
- Q How can I manage my life now that I have an autoimmune disease?
- Q Who gets giant cell arteritis?