People with CVID, a primary immunodeficiency disorder (PI), may experience long periods of improvement with treatment. Immunoglobulin replacement therapy restores the deficient antibody- producing cells in the body. This therapy may allow people to fight infection and live normally, with the exception of having regular treatment. Some people, however, do experience a shorter life.
- Q What is a carrier?
- Q Can penicillin be used to treat PANDAS?
- Q Should I consider a thymectomy for my myasthenia gravis?
- Q Are there non-OCD, non-tic symptoms associated with PANDAS episodes?
- Q Should A-T carriers avoid non-ionizing radiation exposures?
- Q What can cause an acquired immunodeficiency?