There are no proven alternative treatments for mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD). However, there are alternative therapies that help some people cope with symptoms similar to those of MCTD. In studies, people with many different kinds of pain have found relief from acupuncture, hypnosis, or relaxation techniques. Also, fish oil supplements seem to be effective in relieving joint pain, stiffness, and inflammation. Be sure to talk to your doctor if any of these alternative therapies interest you.
- Q Are A-T carriers more sensitive to X-rays from mammograms?
- Q Who gets giant cell arteritis?
- Q What is Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome (LEMS)?
- Q Can penicillin be used to treat PANDAS?
- Q What can I do to feel better if I am suffering from autoimmune disease?
- Q How common are immune system defects?