There are no proven alternative treatments for mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD). However, there are alternative therapies that help some people cope with symptoms similar to those of MCTD. In studies, people with many different kinds of pain have found relief from acupuncture, hypnosis, or relaxation techniques. Also, fish oil supplements seem to be effective in relieving joint pain, stiffness, and inflammation. Be sure to talk to your doctor if any of these alternative therapies interest you.
- Q Does myasthenia gravis run in families?
- Q Can penicillin be used to treat PANDAS?
- Q What is an autoantibody?
- Q What are the treatment options for children with PANDAS?
- Q Can flat warts be prevented?
- Q What are the treatments for paraneoplastic syndromes?