There are no proven alternative treatments for mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD). However, there are alternative therapies that help some people cope with symptoms similar to those of MCTD. In studies, people with many different kinds of pain have found relief from acupuncture, hypnosis, or relaxation techniques. Also, fish oil supplements seem to be effective in relieving joint pain, stiffness, and inflammation. Be sure to talk to your doctor if any of these alternative therapies interest you.
- Q What is antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity?
- Q What is Lofgren's syndrome?
- Q Are there side effects related to IVIG therapy?
- Q What is an autoimmune disease?
- Q Should A-T carriers avoid non-ionizing radiation exposures?
- Q Who gets giant cell arteritis?