What are the symptoms of hypotonia?

Hypotonia is itself a symptom-it's low muscle tone that may be caused by a variety of disorders or injuries. If low muscle tone occurs in infants, the baby may seem "floppy" or like a rag doll. Babies often have poor control of neck muscles, causing their heads to fall to one side. Their limbs may hang limply instead of being flexed. Hypotonia may cause other problems, including difficulty walking, posture issues, poor reflexes, and difficulty breathing.

Continue Learning about Hypotonia (Low Muscle Tone)

How do I manage my hypotonia on a daily basis?
Managing hypotonia generally depends on the cause for the decreased muscle tone. Many of the conditi...
What is hypotonia?
Hypotonia is a medical term used to describe decreased muscle tone. Normally, even when relaxed, m...
How does hypotonia affect the body?
Since hypotonia can be caused by a number of conditions, it may affect the body in a variety of ways...
Should I talk to a doctor about my hypotonia symptoms?
If you or your child is experiencing symptoms of hypotonia, or low muscle tone, it's best to talk wi...