What are the symptoms of hypotonia?

Hypotonia is itself a symptom-it's low muscle tone that may be caused by a variety of disorders or injuries. If low muscle tone occurs in infants, the baby may seem "floppy" or like a rag doll. Babies often have poor control of neck muscles, causing their heads to fall to one side. Their limbs may hang limply instead of being flexed. Hypotonia may cause other problems, including difficulty walking, posture issues, poor reflexes, and difficulty breathing.

Continue Learning about Hypotonia (Low Muscle Tone)

How do I manage my hypotonia on a daily basis?
Managing hypotonia generally depends on the cause for the decreased muscle tone. Many of the conditi...
Is hypotonia life-threatening?
On its own, hypotonia itself usually isn't life-threatening. If hypotonia causes problems breathing ...
What is hypotonia?
Hypotonia is another term for low muscle tone. Low muscle tone is not the same thing as muscle weakn...
Is there a cure for hypotonia?
Depending on the underlying cause of the condition, there may or may not be a cure for hypotonia. In...