Is there a cure for hypotonia?

Depending on the underlying cause of the condition, there may or may not be a cure for hypotonia. In some cases, especially if the cause if a genetic disorder, hypotonia and its symptoms may last a lifetime. Sometimes, if the condition is due to injury or a treatable condition like an infection, it may be possible to increase muscle tone over time. In most cases, even if you can't cure hypotonia, you can help reduce its effects on your life through physical and occupational therapy.

Continue Learning about Hypotonia (Low Muscle Tone)

Should I talk to a doctor about my hypotonia symptoms?
If you or your child is experiencing symptoms of hypotonia, or low muscle tone, it's best to talk wi...
Are there alternative treatments for hypotonia?
Treatment for hypotonia-including alternative treatment-usually depends on the underlying condition ...
What should I know about caring for someone with hypotonia?
When caring for someone with hypotonia, the most important thing is to follow your doctor's advice f...
How is hypotonia treated?
Treatment of hypotonia begins with a thorough diagnostic evaluation, including an assessment of moto...