How do I manage my hypotonia on a daily basis?

Managing hypotonia generally depends on the cause for the decreased muscle tone. Many of the conditions that cause hypotonia require continuous treatment, including medications and therapies. It's important to follow your doctor's advice for treating your underlying condition. It's also important to participate in physical and occupational therapies as recommended by your doctor so that you can improve your strength and motor skills. Hypotonia may be a challenging condition to live with, but working with your doctor will help you manage the symptoms as best as possible.

Continue Learning about Hypotonia (Low Muscle Tone)

Is hypotonia life-threatening?
On its own, hypotonia itself usually isn't life-threatening. If hypotonia causes problems breathing ...
What is hypotonia?
Hypotonia is a medical term used to describe decreased muscle tone. Normally, even when relaxed, m...
Is there a cure for hypotonia?
Depending on the underlying cause of the condition, there may or may not be a cure for hypotonia. In...
What are the symptoms of hypotonia?
Hypotonia is itself a symptom-it's low muscle tone that may be caused by a variety of disorders or i...