How do I manage my hypotonia on a daily basis?

Managing hypotonia generally depends on the cause for the decreased muscle tone. Many of the conditions that cause hypotonia require continuous treatment, including medications and therapies. It's important to follow your doctor's advice for treating your underlying condition. It's also important to participate in physical and occupational therapies as recommended by your doctor so that you can improve your strength and motor skills. Hypotonia may be a challenging condition to live with, but working with your doctor will help you manage the symptoms as best as possible.

Continue Learning about Hypotonia (Low Muscle Tone)

What is hypotonia?
Hypotonia is another term for low muscle tone. Low muscle tone is not the same thing as muscle weakn...
What should I know about caring for someone with hypotonia?
When caring for someone with hypotonia, the most important thing is to follow your doctor's advice f...
How is hypotonia treated?
Treatment of hypotonia begins with a thorough diagnostic evaluation, including an assessment of moto...
How do medications treat hypotonia?
Generally, medications aren't the primary treatment used for hypotonia. However, treatment depends o...