What should I know about caring for someone with hypotonia?

When caring for someone with hypotonia, the most important thing is to follow your doctor's advice for treating the underlying cause of the condition. This may include long-term medication and therapy. If your baby has hypotonia, remember that babies with the condition can't support their heads and limbs very well, if at all. Be sure to take extra care when holding, lifting, or carrying your child.

Continue Learning about Hypotonia (Low Muscle Tone)

Should I talk to a doctor about my hypotonia symptoms?
If you or your child is experiencing symptoms of hypotonia, or low muscle tone, it's best to talk wi...
How do I manage my hypotonia on a daily basis?
Managing hypotonia generally depends on the cause for the decreased muscle tone. Many of the conditi...
How is hypotonia treated?
Treatment of hypotonia begins with a thorough diagnostic evaluation, including an assessment of moto...
What are the symptoms of hypotonia?
Hypotonia is itself a symptom-it's low muscle tone that may be caused by a variety of disorders or i...