What should I know about caring for someone with hypotonia?

When caring for someone with hypotonia, the most important thing is to follow your doctor's advice for treating the underlying cause of the condition. This may include long-term medication and therapy. If your baby has hypotonia, remember that babies with the condition can't support their heads and limbs very well, if at all. Be sure to take extra care when holding, lifting, or carrying your child.

Continue Learning about Hypotonia (Low Muscle Tone)

Can hypotonia be prevented?
Because hypotonia may be caused by a wide variety of conditions ranging from genetic neurological di...
How is hypotonia diagnosed?
Because hypotonia may be caused by such a wide variety of problems, there are many things a doctor m...
How do medications treat hypotonia?
Generally, medications aren't the primary treatment used for hypotonia. However, treatment depends o...
How do I manage my hypotonia on a daily basis?
Managing hypotonia generally depends on the cause for the decreased muscle tone. Many of the conditi...