What is the incidence of hypothyroidism?

Hypothyroidism is one of the most common chronic disorders in the United States. Roughly 11 million American adults and children have this illness. It is most common in older women. In fact, about 10 percent of older women are affected by hypothyroidism.

Continue Learning about Hypothyroidism

I’m Tired All the Time – Is That Normal?
Do you often feel exhausted with more than your run-of-the-mill fatigue? Hypothyroidism, an underactive thyroid, may be to blame. We talked to endocri...
Is hypothyroidism serious?
Marina JohnsonMarina Johnson
Hypothyroidism is a medical problem associated with deficient levels of thyroid hormone. Because thy...
What are the side effects of thyroid replacement medicines?
MediGuardMediGuard
You need to get your thyroid levels checked first and foremost, and based on the results, begin taki...
Are Thyroid Pills Too Good to Be True?
Are Thyroid Pills Too Good to Be True?