How do I manage congenital hypothyroidism on a daily basis?

Be sure your child takes thyroid hormone medication as prescribed by a doctor. Monitor your child's symptoms to be sure the medication is working correctly. If your child's symptoms of hypothyroidism seem to get worse, see a doctor about adjusting the dosage of thyroid hormone medication.

Continue Learning about Hypothyroidism

I’m Tired All the Time – Is That Normal?
Do you often feel exhausted with more than your run-of-the-mill fatigue? Hypothyroidism, an underactive thyroid, may be to blame. We talked to endocri...
How do I know if I have thyroid hormone deficiency?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Thyroid hormone deficiency, or hypothyroidism, is measured with a blood test. If you have thyroid ho...
What are the symptoms of hypothyroidism?
Dr. Randolph P. Martin, MDDr. Randolph P. Martin, MD
Symptoms of hypothyroidism can include feeling fatigue and weak, dry, pale skin, constipation and be...
What Are the Main Symptoms of an Underactive Thyroid?