Can blood pressure be too low?

Another name for low blood pressure is hypotension. Some people have hypotension all the time. These people have no problems with the low blood pressure and it is considered to be normal for them.

Low blood pressure may be a concern to your doctor if you begin to have symptoms such as feeling dizzy, anemia, dehydration, abnormal heartbeats or fainting. Sometimes very low blood pressure can cause shock, a serious condition that needs immediate medical attention. Your doctor will test for further problems to see what might be causing the low blood pressure readings and other symptoms. 

Continue Learning about Hypotension

What is orthostatic hypotension?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
Orthostatic hypotension is a sudden fall in blood pressure that occurs when a person assumes a stand...
What are the types of hypotension?
There are several types of hypotension. People who always have low blood pressure have chronic asymp...
What is hypotension?
Hypotension is low blood pressure. Blood pressure is the force of blood pushing against the walls of...
Should I talk to my doctor about shock?
Shock is a medical emergency. If you suspect that someone is going into shock, call 911 immediately ...