What is the rate of incidence of hypopharyngeal cancer?

Many cancer statistics are available through the SEER (Surveillance Epidemiology and End Results) Cancer Statistics Review. This database combines statistics for hypopharyngeal cancer with those for other cancers in the mouth and pharynx. The rate of incidence of these cancers is 15.4 per 100,000 in men, and 6.1 per 100,000 in women. Of a total 2,850 cases of hypopharyngeal cancer which are diagnosed every year, 600 occur in women and 2,250 occur in men.

Continue Learning about Hypopharyngeal Cancer

What is hypopharyngeal cancer?
The pharynx, or throat, is divided into the nasopharynx, oropharynx, and hypopharynx, which is the l...
What are the stages of hypopharyngeal cancer?
Hypopharyngeal cancer is staged 0 to IV. Stage 0 cancer has not invaded any local tissue or spread t...
Is there a cure for hypopharyngeal cancer?
While there are treatments available for hypopharyngeal cancer, the overall five year survival rate ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my hypopharyngeal cancer symptoms?
If you develop symptoms consistent with hypopharyngeal cancer, it is important for you to talk to yo...