Should I talk to my doctor about my hypopharyngeal cancer symptoms?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

If you develop symptoms consistent with hypopharyngeal cancer, it is important for you to talk to your doctor. While cough and sore throat may occur with the common cold, a sore throat that does not go away is suggestive of a more serious illness. Persistent hoarseness, difficulty swallowing, weight loss, and the presence of a neck mass are other symptoms that you should discuss with your doctor. These symptoms may be caused by a number of conditions so it is important to get an accurate diagnosis so that you may proceed with any necessary treatment.

Continue Learning about Hypopharyngeal Cancer

what are the stages of hypopharyngeal cancer ?
Hypopharyngeal cancer is staged 0 to IV. Stage 0 cancer has not invaded any local tissue or spread t...
what is the rate of incidence of hypopharyngeal cancer ?
Many cancer statistics are available through the SEER (Surveillance Epidemiology and End Results) Ca...
how is hypopharyngeal cancer staged ?
Hypopharyngeal cancer is staged using the TNM staging system where T refers to the primary tumor, N ...
is there a cure for hypopharyngeal cancer ?
While there are treatments available for hypopharyngeal cancer, the overall five year survival rate ...