Should I talk to my doctor about my hypopharyngeal cancer symptoms?

If you develop symptoms consistent with hypopharyngeal cancer, it is important for you to talk to your doctor. While cough and sore throat may occur with the common cold, a sore throat that does not go away is suggestive of a more serious illness. Persistent hoarseness, difficulty swallowing, weight loss, and the presence of a neck mass are other symptoms that you should discuss with your doctor. These symptoms may be caused by a number of conditions so it is important to get an accurate diagnosis so that you may proceed with any necessary treatment.

Continue Learning about Hypopharyngeal Cancer

Are there different types of hypopharyngeal cancer?
Cancer develops when normal cells change and start to divide and grow too rapidly. The type of cell ...
What are the stages of hypopharyngeal cancer?
Hypopharyngeal cancer is staged 0 to IV. Stage 0 cancer has not invaded any local tissue or spread t...
What factors affect the prognosis of hypopharyngeal cancer?
The patient's age and overall health, the stage of the cancer at diagnosis, and the extent of spread...
How is hypopharyngeal cancer staged?
Hypopharyngeal cancer is staged using the TNM staging system where T refers to the primary tumor, N ...