What are the treatment options for mild hypoglycemia?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

For mild hypoglycemia, the first step is to raise your blood sugar to a normal level. This may involve eating a sugary food or taking a glucose tablet. The next step is to determine the cause of the hypoglycemia, and treat that cause. If medications are causing your symptoms, an adjustment of your dosage may be appropriate. If you have a tumor, surgical treatment may be necessary. In addition, your doctor may recommend a special diet or exercise regimen to help you control your blood sugar.

Continue Learning about Hypoglycemia Treatment

what supplies should i keep on hand to treat hypoglycemia from diabetes ?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Blood glucose can drop when you least expect it. Be sure to have supplies handy so you can be ready ...
what should i expect when i see my doctor about my hypoglycemia ?
If you see your doctor about hypoglycemia symptoms, you should be prepared to talk about your sympto...
how do i treat hypoglycemia ?
The first step in treating hypoglycemia is to raise your blood sugar to a normal level. This may inv...
how should i be treated if i pass out from hypoglycemia due to diabetes ?
It's important to treat hypoglycemia quickly because hypoglycemia can get worse and you could pass o...