What are the treatment options for mild hypoglycemia?

For mild hypoglycemia, the first step is to raise your blood sugar to a normal level. This may involve eating a sugary food or taking a glucose tablet. The next step is to determine the cause of the hypoglycemia, and treat that cause. If medications are causing your symptoms, an adjustment of your dosage may be appropriate. If you have a tumor, surgical treatment may be necessary. In addition, your doctor may recommend a special diet or exercise regimen to help you control your blood sugar.

Continue Learning about Hypoglycemia Treatment

How do I treat low blood sugar if I have diabetes?
Melissa Joy DobbinsMelissa Joy Dobbins
Knowing how to properly treat low blood sugar is very important and often misunderstood. The best w...
How do I treat hypoglycemia?
The first step in treating hypoglycemia is to raise your blood sugar to a normal level. This may inv...
What should I expect when I see my doctor about my hypoglycemia?
If you see your doctor about hypoglycemia symptoms, you should be prepared to talk about your sympto...
How is diet used to control hypoglycemia?
Since hypoglycemia is related to the amount of sugar in the blood, and therefore to the food you con...