What supplies should I keep on hand to treat hypoglycemia from diabetes?

Blood glucose can drop when you least expect it. Be sure to have supplies handy so you can be ready to treat hypoglycemia:
  • Glucose tablets
  • Fast-acting sugar can include things like juice, hard candies, regular soda or even cake icing
  • Two glucagon kits at home and available at all times (replace these kits every year)

Continue Learning about Hypoglycemia Treatment

What can I do if I have diabetes and my glucose falls before my period?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Strategies for Lows before Your PeriodIf you use insulin, work with your health care team to gradual...
How is surgery used to treat hypoglycemia?
In rare cases, hypoglycemia is caused by a tumor in the pancreas. Cells in the pancreas produce insu...
How do I care for someone with hypoglycemia?
If someone in your care has hypoglycemia, you should do your best to make sure they adhere to their ...
What are the treatment options for mild hypoglycemia?
For mild hypoglycemia, the first step is to raise your blood sugar to a normal level. This may invol...