What should I expect when I see my doctor about my hypoglycemia?

If you see your doctor about hypoglycemia symptoms, you should be prepared to talk about your symptoms and your medical history. It will be very helpful if you have a written record of your symptoms, how frequent they are, and what seems to trigger them. If you have diabetes, your doctor will want to discuss your treatment plan in detail. You may be asked to have a blood test, with or without fasting, to confirm your hypoglycemia.

Continue Learning about Hypoglycemia Treatment

How is surgery used to treat hypoglycemia?
In rare cases, hypoglycemia is caused by a tumor in the pancreas. Cells in the pancreas produce insu...
How do I care for someone with severe hypoglycemia?
If someone in your care has severe hypoglycemia, you should do your best to make sure they adhere to...
How is diet used to control hypoglycemia?
Since hypoglycemia is related to the amount of sugar in the blood, and therefore to the food you con...
How often do diabetes medications cause low blood sugar?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Low blood sugar (hypo) is the cost of doing business with some diabetes medications, especially insu...