How is diet used to control hypoglycemia?

Since hypoglycemia is related to the amount of sugar in the blood, and therefore to the food you consume, it is possible for some people to control their hypoglycemia by controlling their diet. If you have diabetes, this means making sure that your eating habits and medication dosage are balanced, and informing your doctor about changes in your eating habits or exercise levels. If you do not have diabetes, you may still be able to control your hypoglycemia by regulating your diet. Eating smaller meals more often than three times a day may help. Some people find that limiting sugar intake helps them control their hypoglycemia.

Continue Learning about Hypoglycemia Treatment

What can I do if I have diabetes and my glucose falls before my period?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Strategies for Lows before Your PeriodIf you use insulin, work with your health care team to gradual...
What supplies should I keep on hand to treat hypoglycemia from diabetes?
Blood glucose can drop when you least expect it. Be sure to have supplies handy so you can be ready ...
How should I be treated if I pass out from hypoglycemia due to diabetes?
It's important to treat hypoglycemia quickly because hypoglycemia can get worse and you could pass o...
How do I treat low blood sugar if I have diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Treating any low is simply a matter of taking on some sugar. All diabetics should carry glucose tabs...