How is the subconscious mind relevant to hypnotherapy?

The subconscious does not think; rather, it reacts. It allows us to function without conscious thought. We simply react to stimuli based on how our subconscious is programmed. Hypnotherapy reprograms the subconscious mind in an effort to alter these instinctive reactions in a positive way. One bad habit is simply replaced with a positive habit at the subconscious level.

Continue Learning about Hypnotherapy

What are the training requirements for hypnotists?
Hypnotherapy is the least regulated of all complementary and alternative medicines (CAM). In all, 48...
What is the history of hypnotherapy?
The origin of hypnotherapy can be dated back to the 1700s to a physician named Franz Anton Mesmer. M...
Can I hear the therapist in hypnotherapy if I am in a trance?
You can hear the hypnotherapist's voice at all times during hypnotherapy. It is not true that a succ...
Is hypnotherapy dangerous?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
Hypnosis by itself is not dangerous. During a session the subject goes no deeper than a daydream sta...