Should I talk to my doctor about my hypersensitivity pneumonitis symptoms?

Yes, talk to your doctor if you have symptoms of hypersensitivity pneumonitis so a diagnosis can be made. A diagnosis will help identify the harmful substance causing your illness. Discovering the substance causing the problem is important as one of the first steps of treatment is avoiding exposure to the substance causing the allergic reaction in the lungs.

Continue Learning about Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis

Is there a cure for hypersensitivity pneumonitis?
For most people, hypersensitivity pneumonitis is cured by avoiding the material that caused the reac...
Can hypersensitivity pneumonitis be prevented?
Hypersensitivity pneumonitis can be avoided by staying away from workplaces that contain dust and ch...
How is hypersensitivity pneumonitis diagnosed?
Hypersensitivity pneumonitis is diagnosed using imaging tests (CT scans or x-rays), blood tests, pul...
Why is a pulmonary function test used with hypersensitivity pneumonitis?
Pulmonary function tests are a group of tests that reveal how well the lungs inhale and exhale air. ...