What increases my risk for hypermobility syndrome?

In the majority of cases, hypermobility syndrome is believed to be inherited, so your risk is increased by genetic factors. Children, women, and people with Down syndrome tend to have more joint hypermobility, but children will often outgrow it since the aging process limits joint flexibility. Some activities-like gymnastics-may also put you at risk for hypermobility syndrome by over-stretching your joints.

Continue Learning about Hypermobility Syndrome

How is hypermobility syndrome diagnosed?
Baptist Health South FloridaBaptist Health South Florida
The first step to diagnosing joint hypermobility syndrome is calculating a score that measures gener...
What are the complications of hypermobility syndrome?
Although the connection is not entirely clear, people with hypermobility syndrome have a higher inci...
Should I talk to my doctor about my hypermobility syndrome symptoms?
If you have pain with your joint hypermobility, you should talk with your doctor. In rare cases, thi...
How can I manage my hypermobility syndrome on a daily basis?
Hypermobility syndrome doesn't have to impair your quality of life. These basic practices can help y...