What are the symptoms of acquired hydrocephalus?

Symptoms of acquired hydrocephalus vary, depending on age, the severity of the disease, and your tolerance level for this condition. In infants, the most pronounced sign of acquired hydrocephalus is an abnormally large head. In older children, symptoms may include vision problems, headache, nausea, problems walking, and a downward deviation of the eyes that is referred to as sunsetting. Adults experience similar symptoms as children.

Continue Learning about Hydrocephalus Symptoms

What are the symptoms of normal pressure hydrocephalus?
Amen Clinics, Inc.Amen Clinics, Inc.
Common symptoms of normal pressure hydrocephalus are: Difficulty with walking Slowed movements...
Should I talk to my doctor about my hydrocephalus symptoms?
If you suspect that you have hydrocephalus symptoms, see your doctor immediately. Hydrocephalus is b...
How does acquired hydrocephalus affect the body?
In acquired hydrocephalus, a blockage caused by a tumor, stroke, or other condition prevents a fluid...
What are the symptoms of congenital hydrocephalus?
The most noticeable symptom in babies born with congenital hydrocephalus is a head that is unusually...