Should I talk to my doctor about my hydrocephalus symptoms?

If you suspect that you have hydrocephalus symptoms, see your doctor immediately. Hydrocephalus is best treated if caught early. Certain symptoms in children and adults require more immediate medical attention.

If you have a baby or young child and they begin to cry out in a high pitch, have seizures, vomit, have difficulty nursing, or are unwilling to move their neck, take them to the emergency room. If you notice an adult having difficulty moving around, forming coherent thoughts or controlling their bladder, make an immediate appointment with their doctor.

Continue Learning about Hydrocephalus Symptoms

What are the symptoms of normal pressure hydrocephalus?
Amen Clinics, Inc.Amen Clinics, Inc.
Common symptoms of normal pressure hydrocephalus are: Difficulty with walking Slowed movements...
How is dementia related to hydrocephalus?
Dementia can be the result of damage to the brain tissue caused by hydrocephalus. Once hydrocephalus...
What are the symptoms of acquired hydrocephalus?
Symptoms of acquired hydrocephalus vary, depending on age, the severity of the disease, and your tol...
What eye problems are associated with acquired hydrocephalus?
Older children and adults with acquired hydrocephalus experience eye problems as a result of acquire...