How does acquired hydrocephalus affect the body?

In acquired hydrocephalus, a blockage caused by a tumor, stroke, or other condition prevents a fluid in the brain called cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) from being absorbed. Therefore, CSF builds up in the brain. This causes pressure and swelling of the subarachnoid space, or spaces in the brain.

Continue Learning about Hydrocephalus Symptoms

What eye problems are associated with acquired hydrocephalus?
Older children and adults with acquired hydrocephalus experience eye problems as a result of acquire...
What are the symptoms of acquired hydrocephalus?
Symptoms of acquired hydrocephalus vary, depending on age, the severity of the disease, and your tol...
Should I talk to a doctor about my acquired hydrocephalus symptoms?
The symptoms of acquired hydrocephalus vary, depending on age. If your baby is vomiting frequent...
What are the symptoms of normal pressure hydrocephalus?
Amen Clinics, Inc.Amen Clinics, Inc.
Common symptoms of normal pressure hydrocephalus are: Difficulty with walking Slowed movements...