Why do we laugh at jokes that aren't funny?

It depends on who the teller is. We use laughter to help get along with others. We also tend to laugh with those who can help us, which is why we laugh at jokes told by bosses and professors.

Continue Learning about Emotions

Combat Feeling Sad with a Good Memory
Combat Feeling Sad with a Good Memory
Do you ever find yourself feeling sad but don't know exactly why? Tempted to just brush past it? Well, don't. Understanding the source of your sadness...
How can I control my emotional reactions to the daily news?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
Some of us choose to reject the daily news and live in anger. Others accept it and live in fear....
Why might my loved one who is dying hide his emotions from me?
David KuhlDavid Kuhl
Two researchers asked more than 550 people in the general population to place seven consequences...
3 Ways to Boost Your Mood
3 Ways to Boost Your Mood