When can anger be harmful?

Sometimes it's easier to get mad than to admit that your feelings are hurt or that you're really scared. But masking other emotions with anger is not a positive way to cope with a situation, and it can actually be harmful. Until you deal with your underlying feelings, your anger may continue to grow.

This list represents some feelings you may have masked with anger:
  • hurt
  • depression
  • fear
  • greed
  • stress
  • shame
  • anxiety
  • frustration
  • loneliness
  • jealousy
The Anger Workbook for Teens: Activities to Help You Deal with Anger and Frustration (Instant Help)

Do you often find yourself in trouble because of anger? Do you react to situations and later regret how you behaved? Does your anger cause problems with other people? Are you tired of letting anger...

Continue Learning about Emotions

How Do Emotions Affect the Body?
How Do Emotions Affect the Body?
If you type “angriest” into Google search, you get: Angriest Man in Brooklyn (a 2014 Robin Williams movie); “Angriest Dog in the World” (a comic strip...
What is a hater?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The word "hater" has become an increasingly popular slang term in recent years. UrbanDictionary.com ...
Why does happiness fade?
Ronald SiegelRonald Siegel
Happiness (feelings of contentment or joy; the overall experience of pleasure, well-being, and m...
What Foods Will Help Boost My Mood?
What Foods Will Help Boost My Mood?