What is the "satisfaction with life" scale?

The Satisfaction with Life Scale is a happiness survey by psychologist Ed Deiner. It asks people to rate how much they agree with five statements about their lives, including "The conditions of my life are excellent" and "So far I have gotten the important things I want in life."

Continue Learning about Emotions

Combat Feeling Sad with a Good Memory
Combat Feeling Sad with a Good Memory
Do you ever find yourself feeling sad but don't know exactly why? Tempted to just brush past it? Well, don't. Understanding the source of your sadness...
Do men and women laugh differently?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Researchers from Vanderbilt University found in a study that women are more likely to chuckle and gi...
What is the common denominator in most acts of hatred?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
In most acts of hatred, fear is the common denominator. It is usually fear of different ideas or dif...
3 Ways to Boost Your Mood
3 Ways to Boost Your Mood