Endorphins bind to cells called opioid receptors in the brain's limbic system, which controls most of our emotions. When everything works normally, this interaction blocks pain and causes us to experience feelings of pleasure and satisfaction.
- Q Can my unhappiness at work affect my health?
- Q How can I stop avoiding my emotions?
- Q Can jealousy be positive?
- Q Can the sounds of laughter make a person involuntarily laugh?
- Q What are common triggers for jealousy?
- Q How do external events play a role in my mood?